Competitive Matching Grant Fund
The competitive Matching Grant Fund (MGF) is designed to maximize outreach across countries and value chains, foster excellence, and ownership. We aim to mobilize additional resources for implementation through introducing and scaling this innovative financial instrument (MGF) that facilitates private investments and promotes the transformation of smallholder agribusinesses. The MGF will support the upgrading of our targeted value chains for competitiveness and resilience with regard to climate change and markets. It includes a readiness programme to accompany potential applicants throughout the process.
We will publish 2 calls for proposals on this website (under Funding) where you as a potential partner within a consortia can submit your concept notes for assessment. The best consortia will be taken under contract. During the implementation, we will advise on the adaptation and implementation of tried-and-tested agribusiness training approaches, connect you to the established (master) trainer networks and provide further tools and approaches already developed.
The MGF offers you the following benefits:
- Unbureaucratic and easy application process coupled with lower-than-usual entry barriers
- Dedicated Readiness Program to guide you during the application and implementation process
- Technical assistance and advisory on tried-and-tested (face-to-face and online) training topics and approaches
- Opportunities for South-South exchanges with stakeholders from ACP countries
- Financial industry network for future (commercial) funding opportunities
Please find information on our MGF partners and the funded projects below sorted by region (Africa, Caribbean and Pacific).
This website was created and maintained with the financial support of the European Union. Its contents are the sole responsibility of ABF / GIZ and do not necessarily reflect the views of the European Union.
The Joint Action is jointly co-financed by the European Union under the Samoa agreement with OACPS and by the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ) and implemented by GIZ.